The Healthy Archive

Natural Health - Fitness - Remedies

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Man Eats Pig’s Blood & Contracts Deadly Infection

pig blood, streptococcus suis, amputated

If you love to eat pig’s blood curd then you need to be careful! That’s because porcine products contain a pathogen that can become deadly so you should make sure that they are all thoroughly cooked before eating them. This young man, Pao Nopparat Milinthanuch from Thailand lost both his legs because he ate some pig’s blood that was infected with the pathogen Streptococcus suis.

pork blood curd

According to Khaosod, the incident had taken place during the Songkran festival in 2016, when Nopparat went back to his hometown to celebrate and during one of the banquets, he had eaten some pig’s blood curd. He only felt unwell when he returned to Bangkok as he started experiencing muscle cramps, chills, and cold hands and feet so he decided to go to the hospital.

 necrotise , amputated

After running some tests, doctors discovered that Nopparat’s blood was seriously infected and his condition had already deteriorated rapidly. He was suffering from sepsis, acute renal failure and was also having breathing difficulties. The doctors quickly started to treat him but they said that the next 24 hours were critical and if there were no improvements, he could not survive.

 necrotise , amputated

At that time, his feet were starting to necrotise as the infection was in his toes as well so doctors said that it was recommended that Noparat undergo amputation to save his life. He had no choice but to amputate his legs and recently, he appeared in a talk show to share his experience. 

pig blood, betamax food
(betamax is congealed chicken or pork blood)

WHO said that the pathogen Streptococcus suis can be transmitted not only through food that was cooked at less than 70°C but through cuts and abrasions on hands as well. There is usually an incubation period of one to three days before the pathogen starts attacking the person’s body. Some early symptoms include high fever, nausea, vomiting, severe headache, and joint pain. In severe cases, it may even lead to meningitis.

Make sure the food that you eat is thoroughly cooked and well prepared before consuming it!

By Pui Fun, World of Buzz

No comments:

Post a Comment